Cornell Theoretical Particle Physics Group
Cornell Particle Theory group consists of 12 faculty members
(7 active, 3 emeritus, and 2 adjunct), 4 postdocs
13 graduate students
We pursue research on string theory, string cosmology, physics beyond the standard model, collider physics,
flavor physics, lattice gauge theory, particle astrophysics, and applications of quantum field theory to condensed
matter systems. Our research is made possible by generous support of the National Science Foundation
Seminars and Events
Theory seminar is held weekly on Wednesdays at 2:00 pm.
Journal club (more informal talks, typically by group members) is held on Fridays at 12:30 pm.
(Occasionally, external speakers are scheduled to talk on Fridays as well.) All meetings are in PSB 401, unless explicitly specified otherwise.
Seminar organizers are Paul McGuirk
and Javi Serra
Other recent and upcoming events:
* Monte Carlo Tools for Physics Beyond the Standard Model
, March 22-24, 2012
* Workshop on String Theory and Precision Cosmology
, July 25-29, 2011
- Information to help seminar speakers plan their visits is available here.
- To log onto the local wireless network, RedReover, follow these instructions (see "Connect as a Guest" section).
- Some general information for LEPP visitors (including maps etc.)
Theory Group Computing
For general inquiries, please contact
Physical Sciences Building 455
Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
To contact a member of the group directly, please click here for faculty
Please send any comments to Katerina Malysheva